Saturday, July 23, 2022

CCM Saturday Blog Hop - Cards with Stripes

Good Morning, Stampers!


This week, the Create with Connie and Mary team is playing
with stripes! I had so much fun creating this card - I made my
own striped designer paper using water painters and ink!
This is a great way to get a custom-color match for a specific
occasion or event and it's so easy to do!



I took a piece of Thick Basic White cardstock and created the
wide lines using Pool Party ink and the wide water painter.
For the thinner lines, I used Pool Party and Bermuda Bay inks
and the thin brush water painter. Once I had all the stripes, 
I let it dry completely before adhering to the card base.
For the flowers, I stamped the image onto a piece of
vellum using Whisper White ink and sprinkled with white 
embossing powder and heat set it. Then I used my Stampin' Blends 
on the BACKSIDE of the vellum to color in the image giving it 
a soft water-color look. A little tip: I adhered the vellun to the card 
front using mini Stampin' Dimensionals. Then, I covered them up with 
an Iridescent Rhinestone on top of each. 


SU!pplies:
Stamps: Hand-Penned Petals
Ink: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Pool Party
Paper: Think Basic White, Bermuda Bay, Vellum
Accessories: Stylish Shapes dies, Heat Tool, White embossing powder, Water Painters, Iridescent Rhinestones
Stampin' Blends: Bermuda Bay, Pool Party, Old Olive

Happie Stampin'!


Ready to see more fun ideas featuring stripes? 
Go NEXT to see what Connie has created or
BACK to see what Debbie has created!


 

No comments: