Thursday, September 02, 2021

Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop - Hope Box

 Good Morning, Stampers!

The August Paper Pumpkin Hope Box kit 
is loaded with everything you will need 
to create meaningful and uplifting cards
along with a keepsake hope box to keep 
your special momentos together for safe keeping.
Created by our co-Founder Shelli, this truly is a 
one-of-a-kind treasure box.


I took (2) of the cards and cut them in half
 to create little pockets to hold tags.
These can be used alone to hold a gift card or cash
or added to a gift bag or present to celebrate
a special occasion.

I started by folding the cards in half.
Then, I cut them both at 3". This left me
with one 3" piece and one 2 1/2" piece.






With the fold along the bottom on the 2 1/2" piece, I cut the
top of the card on a diagonal and adhered it closed on
each side with a thin strip of adhesive to form the pocket.
I cut the tag using the Taylor Made dies cut from the
envelope included in the kit.


For the 3" piece, I cut off 1/2" off the top of the card front 
and then punched a 1" half circle at the top.
I then adhered the two sides to form a pocket and used 
the card layer for the insert.


This is the 2 1/2" piece from the second card. I made this into a 
double pocket by first cutting 1 1/2" off the top 
on a bit of a diagonal and added a 1" strip of cardstock along
the bottom to form a second pocket. 


Lastly, is the 3" card. I Cut off 1 1/4" off the top and
adhered the sides to create the pocket. 
I trimmed the panel for the inside tag.


My tag projects used just a few of the kit contents
leaving lots of extras to create even more!

Happie Stampin'!
~Melissa

Be sure to continue along on the hop. The rest of the team have some great 
alternative ideas to share with you!



2 comments:

Melissa Thomas, Sea to Sea Stampin said...

Super creative way to get a lot more from your kit! Love this!

Melissa Davies said...

Thanks so much, Melissa! Glad you could join us today!