Sunday, October 07, 2012

World Card Making Day *Bonus Project*

Good Morning, Stampers!

We had such a FANTASTIC time at the World Card Making Day celebration yesterday! Lots of cards were made and raffle prizes were won. Munching of snacks and sweets and yes, mingling, too! I am so grateful for everyone who came out to make this day a success!

I posted my cards for the celebration (you can see them here) last week, but I wanted to share with you the *bonus* project I had for the attendees as well as a little party favor I made as a "thank-you for coming".

The Bonus project was a little Holiday tag set. I have tons of extra containers left over from misc. brads, buttons, etc., so I thought I would take advantage of them.. The tags are 2" circles from the Sizzix Circles #2 die. Very simple! I think they were a hit!


The party favors I created came from an idea that Monica Davis shared at the Stampin' Up! Regional in Chattanooga last month. She created cute little bags using the brown paper that comes in the shipping boxes - clever and "green"! I love it! Thanks for the inspiration, Monica!!

I made mine a bit different and was so happy to give one to each of my guests! 



I used the Finishing Touches edgelit along the top and sides of the bag. I then glued the two sides together and decorated the front using the Toxic Treats stamp set and a few embellishements.
 Inside, I have embellishments for their projects to use for the upcoming Holidays!

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa




No comments: