Friday, June 09, 2023

rubberFUNatics Weekly Challenge #242

 Good Morning, Stampers!

(click photo to enlarge)

I'm so glad you could join me for this week's 
rubberFUNatics Weekly Challenge! It's all about
simple stamping today, but there are always 
ways to add a technique or fun fold to step it up 
without overwhelming the beginner stamper. Simple
stamping is for all levels of paper crafters!



I combined the stencils with a little masking to 
give the illusion of layering - what do you think?

I started by creating a mask of the envelope image onto a 
piece of copy paper using Smoky Slate ink and cut it out.
Next, I stamped the envelope image onto the card front using
Smoky Slate ink. I then set the mask on top of the stamped image
and placed the stencil on top of the mask. Using a blending brush, 
I lightly added Pool Party ink around the stamped image and removed 
the stencil.  Keeping the envelope mask on top, I stamped the mailbox
directly on top using Smoky Slate ink. You'll see once you remove 
the mask, it looks like the mail box is behind the letter. Masking
is so fun! I completed the card with the little hearts and sentiment.


SU!pplies:
Stamps: Stamped with Love
Ink: Smoky Slate, Pool Party, Real Red
Paper: Basic White, Real Red
Accessories: Four Square Decorative Masks, Blending Brush, Stylish Shapes dies


Thanks for joining me today- I hope you give simple stamping a try!


Happie Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: