Friday, November 19, 2021

Control Freaks November Blog Hop - Thanks and Gratitude

 Hello, Stampers!


Welcome to the Control Freaks November Blog Hop!
Whether you are starting here or arriving from Melissa Stout's
blog, we have lots of great ideas for Thanks and Gratitude 
to share with you today! 

I've got my Thanksgiving cards in the mail, so I am focusing 
on my Thanksgiving table settings......


I created a little turkey to sit at each place setting. 
Isn't he adorable??!! I used three different widths for
the strips - 1 1/2", 2" and 2 1/2". The first layer is cut
from the Crushed Curry Pattern Party designer paper.
The second layer is the leaves design from the Pattern Party
designer paper. I colored the leaves using Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, 
Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight and Cherry Cobbler Stampin'
Blends. Finally, the third layer is Cajun Craze cardstock
stamped with Versamark using the leaves image from the Little
Delights stamp set. I embossed a 1 1/2" and 1 3/8" circle using
the Tasteful textile embossing folder. The eyes were punched from the 
Turtle punch and the feet were punched from the Penguin Builder
punch. The nose and wattle were just free handed. 
It's helpful to have an extra set of hands when assembing the
body. Fire up your glue gun - they go together fairly quickly!



The other project I created for my table are these napkin holders.
I started with a 1' x 4 3/4" Crumb Cake strip. I punched each end using
the Delightful Tag Topper punch. and embossed it using the Timeworn 
Type embossing folder. Then, I cut the leaves from the Stitched
Leaves dies and glued them to the center. I cut another Crumb Cake
strip 7/8" x 3 1/2" and punched each end using the Lovely Labels
Pick a Punch and embossed using the Timeworn Type embossing folder
and adhered it on top of the leaves. I cut the words 
Thanksgiving and Halloween from Early Epsresso cardstock. I cut the
words apart to create GIVE THANKS and glued it to the top. 
Finally, I set the strip on top of the napkin and threaded the ribbons
thru one end - going behind the napkin - and out thru the oppoiste side
and securing with Very Vanilla Baker's Twine bows.

I hope these ideas give you a little inspiration to
create your own Thanksgiving table decorations!

Happie Stampin'!
~Melissa

Next up is Cindy! You will love what she has to share with you!
Enjoy the rest of the hop and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Maz said...

Hi Melissa, I do love your turkey, when we were kids in Australia we used to call them gobble gobbles because of the noise they make. Is there a pattern for him/her please? Cheers and thankyou, Marilyn (now in the UK)

Melissa Davies said...

Thanks, Maz! I do not have a pattern. I have the basic instrutions listed. You can email me with any questions: rubberfunatics@att.net