Monday, June 15, 2020

USA Faux Wood Door Hanger

Good Morning, Stampers!


The dollar store is packed full of fun patriotic home decor right now! I came across these festive letters hanging from a long burlap bow and created a faux -wood door hanger - Stampin' Up! Style!



I pulled the letters off the burlap, traced and covered the U and A with Misty Moonlight designer papers. I kept the S with the red glitter as is. I sponged Basic Gray ink with a q-tip (easy to get in the tight areas) around the blue letters and Real Red ink around the S. I then added the letters to a 6" x 12" piece of chipboard covered with a sheet from the In Good Taste designer paper pack - my "faux -wood"

Next, I stamped the flowers from the Gorgeous Posies stamp set, cut and adhered them to the letters
and added a 2 1/2" strip of Whisper White die cut "fringe" along the botton.

Finally, I punched a hole on each side and added the (3) ribbons to hang.


SU!pplies:
Stamps: Gorgeous Posies
Ink: Whisper White, Misty Moonlight, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Seaside Spray, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray,
Paper: Whisper White, InColor DSP, In Good Taste DSP
Accessories: Whisper White ribbon, Whisper White Polka Dot ribbon, Misty Moonlight ribbon, Crop-a-dile, Many Medallions dies, Chipboard

Happie Stampin'!
~Melissa

Check out more dollar store ideas
on our Facebook Page. I hope you will
join and add some projects of your own!


No comments: