Thursday, April 10, 2014

Perky Zoo Babies

Good Morning, Stampers!


It's time for the Thursday Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge! 
SO MANY possibilities for this bright and perky color combination!

I chose to go "baby" this week. The colors are perfect for the gender-neutral.
Lots of "fussy" cutting here, but you can see it was worth it! 


I began with (3) 1" x 4 1/4" Gumball Green strips embossed with the Stripes embossing folder. Then, I took (3) 3/4"x4 1/4" Gumball Green strips and cut them with the fringe scissors and adhered them together.  Each of the animals were stamped on Whisper White cardsotck in the challenge colors and cut out. I adhered them from the backside and adhered the strips to the card. The elephant, lion and alligator were adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.

SU!pplies:
Stamps: Zoo Babies
Ink: Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Tangerine Tango, Gumball Green
Paper: Whisper White, Gumball Green
Accessories: Bitty Banner Framelits, fringe scissors, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Stripes embossing folder


Have you been enjoying the Card "Create"tions this week? I've been busily recreating these this past week, too! Can I make a suggestion? Get a binder going to keep the tutorials close at hand! 
Print the tutorials each day and get them in the book. 
That way, you have a great reference tool to refer back to - especially on those busy days!

If you haven't yet subscribed, no worries! There is still time!
Visit Create with Connie and Mary for all of the details on how you can join!

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

6 comments:

Deb said...

Oh my goodness! This is really cute! I do love all your fussy cutting! Those animals peeking out just make me smile!!

Lisa Martz said...

Darling! Love how you have tucked the animals behind the grass! So cute!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Your card is sooooo cute!! Between you and Mary, I am going to have to buy this set! I love all the fringe too!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Really adorable card, Melissa. I love the layers of grass with the animal peeking out.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this 'hide and seek' card Melissa - the overall effect is well worth the fussy cutting involved!

Connie Babbert said...

Very fun card, Melissa...love the animals coming out of the grasslands! Great job with the color challenge this week!