Friday, January 17, 2014

Dazzling Ombre Birthday

Good Morning, Stampers!


Welcome to Day 5 of the Create with Connie and Mary FREE PREVIEW week! There are 2 chances for you to win blog candy today so be sure to check out who is offering it by visiting Create with Connie and Mary. Remember, you have thru tomorrow, January 18th, to subscribe at the EARLY BIRD pricing, too!

I have a card to share with you that I created for a recent Demonstrator Swap. As you can see, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those fringe scissors! I combined the fringed-look with the trendy Ombre tones for a dazzling birthday card!

                             

This card was really easier to put together than it looks. I cut a strip of cardstock to 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" in Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Soft Sky. I fringed each piece leaving a 1/4" space at the top for adhesive. Beginning at the bottom, I glued each piece slightly overlapping each layer. At the top, I tied a piece of Whisper White taffeta ribbon in a bow. The image was stamped using Jet Black Stazon and colored with a blender pen in the cardstock colors and topped off with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. It really is sparkly in real life!

SU!pplies:
Stamps: Another Great Year
Ink: Jet Black Stazon, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Soft Sky
Paper: Whisper White, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Pool Party and Soft Sky
Accessoires: Oval Framelits, Whisper White Taffeta ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, blender pen, fringe scissors

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: