Friday, May 24, 2013

Fast and Fabulous Father's Day Fun!

Good Morning, Stampers!

I created a card similar to one I did a few weeks ago (HERE) that featured the bowtie from the Dapper Dad stamp set for my friend, Joan. Joan was having a workshop last night and really wanted to make another bowtie card so I thought it would be fun to change it up just a bit!


This one is super simple to make. I started with a Whisper White card base. Then I cut a piece of Ridinghood Red cardstock to 4" x 5 1/4". I measured 2" in at the top of the card and 2" down. I drew a light pencil line and cut on that line. Then, I ran it thru the Big Shot using the Argyle embossing folder. Next, I folded the slit to form the lapel and secured them with a Stampin' Dimensional. It is then glued to the card front. The bowtie is stamped onto Whisper White cardstock using Ridinghood Red ink. It is cut and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. Finally, the buttons were stamped in Ridinghood Red ink on Whisper White cardstock and punched using the 3/4" circle. punch. They are also adhered to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

This makes a great masculine card perfect for Father's Day or a special birthday!

SU!pplies:
Stamps: Dapper Dad, Button Button
Ink: Ridinghood Red
Paper: Ridinghood Red, Whisper White
Accessories: Argyle embossing folder, 3/4" circle punch, ruler

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: