Thursday, May 02, 2013

CCMC 250 - Color Challenge

Good Morning, Stampers!

This week's color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary is one of my favorite combinations so far! These are two of my "go-to" InColors - I am so happy they are being incorporated into the new Color Collection! They have a bit of softness to them when combined with the Basic Gray, don't you think?

I decided to add a little interest to the top of the card by using the Adorning Accents edgelit. 

The flower was created with (3) layers of Calypso Coral cardstock and the Blossom punch. Lightly spray the pieces and crumble. Gently separate them. Stack them together and punch a hole in the center. Insert a brad and "smoosh" the layers together until you get the desired look. Adhere to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional or glue dots.

For the butterfly, I stamped it twice in Basic gray ink onto Whisper White cardstock. Using sponge daubers, I pounced Pool Party and Calypso Coral inks. Cut both pieces out and adhere together at the spine. Pull-up on the top layer for dimension and adhere to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. To finish it off, I added a thin layer of Crystal Effects for some shine!


You are really going to love what the other Designers have created so be sure to check out Create with Connie and Mary to see them all!

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

5 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Really pretty! I love the layout...it is perfect for just about anything. And the punched and bunched flower is great!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Absolutely lovely! The butterfly caught my attention right away - love the way the colors look!

Margaret Raburn said...

Melissa, your card is beautiful! I love your flower and butterfly... gorgeous eye-candy! The card top cut with the Edgelit is a great detail!

Deb said...

What a fantastic idea to add interest to the top of the card! I love that!! And I so love your butterfly! WOW! So beautiful!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the pouncing effect on the butterfly, very nice card Melissa! Sorry I'm late commenting, catching up from vacation!