Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Minecraft Party!

Good Morning, Stampers!

I look forward to this time of March every year - both my boys' have birthdays just a week apart. A busy and exciting party time in our house!
My youngest just turned 12 and wanted a Minecraft Party! Well, in case you don't know what that is, Minecraft is a video/computer building game that allows you to build anything you want using blocks. At night, creepers come out and you work together with other players to play, build and protect your creations.
My son has been infatuated with this game for a couple of years now. I swear he eats and dreams the game!
So, I thought it would be fun to incorporate that into his party theme. Little did I know how difficult it is to find party supplies - they just don't make anything (BIG MISTAKE!! I would have paid BIG BUCKS!!) So, I had to get creative myself. I relied a lot on the internet for photos. If you Google "creeper" hundreds of photos come up. Here is what I came up with:


The top left is the invite. I was able to use Stampin' Up! cardstock to create! The base of the card is Gumball Green. I cut 1/2" squares from Basic Black, Whisper White, Garden Green and Certainly Celery. I printed the greeting using a FREE Minecraft downloadable font HERE

Next, I enlarged a creeper photo and wrapped it around a box of Peeps for a party favor. 

The CD is a list of 12 Minecraft songs I had my daughter download from You Tube. 
Again, the photo was downloaded and glued to the cd sleeve.

Finally, the Thank You card. I simply used a smaller version of the photo from the candy and placed it 2-up on a page. Using the Minecraft font again, I added the thank you and printed onto Whisper White cardstock and cut in half.


What do you think of the cupcakes? Quite honestly, I impressed myself - lol!
I once again, used the downloaded photo and this time shrunk it really small. I was able to print 20 off one sheet. I cut them and glued them to a toothpick and just inserted it into the cupcake - super easy!


Here is a close up. I colored pre-made white frosting green. Then, I squeezed several drops of coloring into a small dish. Using a fork, I dipped it into the coloring and added it to the cupcake - cool, huh?!

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! rubberfunatics@att.net

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

1 comment:

Caroline said...

This is great - just the thing my son would like too! Thanks for the inspiration!