Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Halloween Recycled

Good Morning, Stampers!

It is Day 4 of the Create with Connie and Mary 2012 Holiday Preview! I don't know about you, but after the Guest Designer Announcement yesterday, I can't wait to see what those talented ladies have up their sleeves! Be sure to head on over today to see who our next Designer is and her adorable project  and BLOG CANDY is being offered!


The ONLY way to get a look at all of the amazing talent is to subscribe, so be sure to head over to Create with Connie and Mary and join while you can take advantage of the Early Bird pricing of ONLY $24.95! 

In keeping with my 13 Weeks of Halloween, I have a fun, recycled project to share with you today! Awhile back, we were cleaning out the basement and I came across a box full of glass baby food jars. I have NO IDEA where these came from as my youngest is 11 and he was done with baby food before we even moved into this house 10 years ago! Anyway, I wouldn't let anyone throw them away as I just knew they would get put to good use! And so my little glass Halloween jar came together!

I just love the Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP from the Holiday Mini Catalog! So festive and fun! I added a piece to the lid of the jar using the Liquid Multipurpose Glue and some Old Olive ribbon. Around the jar, I added the striped DSP along with a punched dotted ribbon border in Eggplant Envy using Sticky Strip. Along the bottom, I embossed a strip of Old Olive cardstock using the Cheveron embossing folder. The cat, oh, how I LOVE this cat! I inked the image in Pumpkin Pie ink and colored a few of the words and wiskers with my Eggplant Envy marker and stamped it onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and cut him out. I added a little Wysteria Wonder Baker's Twine for the collar and (2) googlie eyes on the face to finish him off. The little banner is done with Pumpkin Pie and Eggplant envy markers on Very Vanilla cardstock as well. Adhere all of the pieces to the jar using Stampin' Dimensionals.

SU!pplies:

Stamps: Frightening Feline, Delightful Dozen
Ink: Eggplant Envy, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Eggplant Envy
Accessories: Ribbon Border Punch, Chevron Embossing Folder, Old Olive ribbon, Wysteria Wonder Baker's Twine, Googlie Eyes, Howlstooth and scaringbone DSP

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

5 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

This is so cute, Melissa! Great way to recycle those small jars...

Terry said...

What a great way to recycle! I love your cat being black and orange - and you cut out that tail. You have amazing skills, woman! Thanks for adding your project to the blog hop.

Hugs,

Terry

Carol Carriveau said...

Absolutely adorable and sooo wonderfully different from any other project for this very fun Holiday!

Barb Archut said...

I love the cat with the whiskers all cut out. Very cute! Great way to recycle the jars too

I am now one of your followers. I would love for you to follow me too at barbscraftspot.blogspot.com

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What patience you have with coloring your little kitty Melissa. Such a cute project!