Monday, June 25, 2012

Fun with Fabric

Good Morning, Stampers!

Have you seen all of the beautiful fabric Stampin' Up! carries in the catalog? So many times I get told "I'm not a sewer"... Well, let me tell you, I am not either! I can sew a straight line and that's about it - lol! There are so many things you can do with fabric  to incorporate it into your papercrafting projects. Did you know that fabric can be put thru the Sizzix Big Shot with any of their Original or Bigz dies? I can see some wheels are beginnng to turn!

This project I created for a contest. Tho it is not a winner, I still had so much fun creating it! The best part of all is that there is NO SEWING! It is all put together with a hot glue gun! Note to self: When creating projects for contests, I need to make one to keep for myself!


Here are a few details:

I started at the bottom and worked my way up. There is fabric & ribbon on the layers. The bodice is made with the Silver Glimmer Paper colored with Pretty in Pink reinkers and punched with the Itty Bitty Shapes flower punch. The base is paper mache and purchased at the local craft store.

What will you create with fabric today??

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: