Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Embedded Image Embossing

Good Morning, Stampers!

I met with my stamp clubs this past week. I love meeting with them and trying out new techniques or ideas that I come across. This technique called Embedded Image Embossing caught my eye immediately. I love the contrast between the soft color background and the bold stamped image. I also gave them a taste of what's coming in the new catalog with the Itty Bitty Bannners stamp set & coordinating Bitty Banners framelits! The framelits make the little banners so easy!


Directions:

1. Using Whisper White cardstock, I lightly sponged Daffodil Delight & Tangerine Tango onto the Sizzix 3" circle (122125 $17.95).

2. Using Versamark, cover the entire circle with the ink. Emboss with clear embossing powder.

3. Repeat step 2.

4. Ink up the silhouette flower image from the My Friend stamp set (w122585 $27.95 - c122587 $19.95) in Versamark ink and emboss using Black embossing powder.

5. As you heat, you will see the two layers merge together and embed into each other.

6. Allow to cool. Adhere to the Basic Black Sizzix Scallop Circle #2 (113469 $19.95)

7. Adhere the DSP (Twitterpated 125406 $10.95) to the card front.

8. Adhere the scallop circle to the card front.

9.   Tie a knot in the Basic Black Scallop Dots Ribbon. Adhere to the scallop circle using a glue dot.

10. Stamp the image from the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set (available June 1st)in Basic Black ink  and cut with the coordinating Bitty Banners framelits (available June 1st).

11. Adhere to the card front using dimensionals.

12. Adhere a few rhinestones to complete the card.

Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

No comments: