Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Mini Medallion

Good Morning, Stampers!

I have been asked several times about these adorable little medallions on page 28 of the Holiday Mini Catalog. They are so fun & actually not that hard to make. I have the instructions here for you to get started on your own:

1. First of all, you want to start with a 2-sided piece of decorative paper. In the Holiday Mini Catalog, they feature the Frostwood Lodge DSP (124002 $10.95). I am working with the Holly Berry DSP (124004 $12.95) from page 20 of the same Holiday Mini.

1. Start by punching/cutting 10-12 squares of DSP. I used my 1 3/8" punch (119877 $16.95). Any size square will work as long as it is a perfect square. (The smaller the square, the smaller the finished medallion. The larger the square, the larger the finished medallion, etc.)

2. Wrap each square into a cone-shape and secure just the edge of the cone with adhesive making sure that the ends line up together. (Don't worry so much about the bottom of the cone as it will be hidden)




3. Once you have all of your cones completed, hot glue them to a scrap circle. *Note: the size of the circle will not matter, but be sure it is large enough to hold the cones. You will not see the circle when you are finished. Here, I used a 1 3/4" circle (119850 $16.95).



4. Start at the top of the circle and glue each cone. I began like this and then filled in between.



5. Once you have all of the cones on the circle, you can embellish the medallion as you desire. For my sample. I simple punched out a Cherry Cobbler flower from my Boho Blossom punch (119858 $16.95) and glued it to the center of the medallion. I added a large pearl (119247 $4.95) to the center.


Here is the finished Medallion. You could easily add a ribbon to the top to hang on the tree or use as a tag for your Holiday gifts.






My Stamp Club Members made a medallion this past week. Stay tuned next week to see the finished product!


Happy Stampin'!

~Melissa

No comments: