Thursday, December 23, 2010

FINALLY a post & a stamping tradegy!

Good Morning, Stampers!

I am heading out west (Chicago - ha ha) today but wanted to get a post in for you! I have finally completed my hand made family gifts for this year and let me tell you, I am beyond thrilled!!

Are you ready to see what took 16 yards of fabric, 1500 yards of thread, 2108 die cut squares and 38 hours to complete????

Look no further:

Each family from both my side & my husband's side will each get one of these coffee table checker boards - 17 total in all! They are all complete & just about all wrapped. I am so glad to be done!! Oh wait, my son says, "Mom, didn't you make one for us?" Well, why didn't I think of that?? DUH! I guess I will have one more to make when I return home late next week :o) I had a few that I customized for my Sister-in-law (U of M) & my brother, the hunter. They really were fun to make - I hope they like them!


SO here is my stamping tragedy. I was just about done cutting the last of my die cut squares, last night when this happened:

Yep, my acrylic cutting pad cracked right down the middle! I guess after two years, it had had enough! Good thing there is still time to put a new one in my stocking - thanks, Santa!!

Well, I need to pack up the car & family & hit the road.

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

Created by Kath said...

mine cracked in the same place this month, two years on mine too. great present idea.