Thursday, February 07, 2019

Cracklin' Rooster

Good Morning, Stampers!

Sometimes a simple little technique can make all the difference. Here, I created a mask so it gives the illusion of the rooster in front of the wheat and it's so easy to do!

First, I stamped the rooster onto the circle. Second, I stamped another onto a piece of scratch paper and cut it out to create the mask. Then, I lined up the mask with the stamped rooster on the circle and stamped the wheat on top. Finally, I removed the mask and watercolored the rooster to finish it off.

I love the new crackle background stamp, too - it gives a nice rustic look to the rooster!



SU!pplies:
Stamps: Home to Roost, Crackle
Ink: Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Shaded Spruce, Old Olive
Paper: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake
Accessories: Stitched Shapes framelits, Linen Thread, Doily Builder thinlits, Aqua Painter

Happie Stampin'!
~Melissa

2 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Really like your card. I may just have to get that stamp set. Love the crackle behind It. Glad I stopped by. Happy Day to You!

cindys-greencricut

Melissa Davies said...

Thanks so much! I'm glad you stopped by, too!