Monday, January 05, 2015

I've Been Nominated!

Good Morning, Stampers!

EXCITING NEWS!! I've been nominated to participate in the Creative Crew Blog Hop today by  Debbie Henderson of Debbie's Designs!  I have the honor of working with Debbie at Create with Connie and Mary as well as on several swap groups. I LOVE HER CREATIVITY! What a nice surprise to get the nomination from her!

The rules are to create a project exclusive to the Creative Crew Blog Hop, answer a few questions and then to nominate (2) people who inspire me.

First up, my projects!

I have a Valentine theme going for my projects today!. The first is the Valentine Bird House I created using the Curvy Keepsakes box. The stamp set I featured is the newest photopolymer stamp set called Snuggles and Smooches. It goes great with the new Stacked With Love designer paper!


This card also features the Snuggles and Smooches stamp set but I also added in the 
 Perpetual Birthday Calendar set, too! A little touch of the Stacked with Love designer paper and the Happy Hearts embossing folder make this an Oodles of  Fun Valentine!



SU!pplies:
Stamps: Perpetual Birthday Calendar, Snuggles and Smooches
Ink: Real Red Calypso Coral, Jet Black Stazon
Paper: Real Red, Whisper White, Calypso Coral, Stacked with Love, Red Glimmer
Accessories: Curvy Keepsakes box, Real Red ribbon, Bird Builder punch, Confetti Heart punch,
Basic Rhinestones, Itty Bitty Banner framelits, Basic Black Baker's Twine, Heart framelits, Happy Hearts embossing folder

Now onto the questions: 

1. What are you working on?

I guess I have to say "what am I NOT working on?!" hahaha... I am currently working on my projects for the upcoming Create with Connie and Mary Occasions Edition, swaps for the Orlando Leadership Conference, Shoebox Swap for my RUBBERFUNATICS downline meeting next week, Sale-A-Bration and Occasions Mini swaps for private swap groups, upcoming class projects, My Occasion/Sale-A-Bration Open House next week as well as (2) workshops scheduled for later in the month... WhEw!! 

2. How does your work differ from others in your genre?

I like simple, quick and easy. I am busy! In addition to my Stampin' Up! business, I also home school my 13 year old son. I need all the time I can get and simple, quick and easy is the answer for me. As gorgeous as the fussy cards are, it just isn't practical (or cost-effective) for me. Tho, I still ooohhh and ahhhh over them!

3. Why do you create what you do?

My card-making and paper crafting started by copying EVERYTHING! I think that is the biggest and best compliment! It took me several years to get comfortable creating my own original work and I am my own worst critic! Anything I can do to help the "newbie" stamper or someone who isn't comfortable creating is really gratifying to me. Cards come the easiest, especially when a color or sketch challenge is involved. They take the guess-work out the the thinking process! Anything I can do to make stamping fun and stress-free is why I create!

 4. How does your creativity process work?

You won't believe how many times I have been asked this question! As silly as it sounds, I begin by using what I have on hand. When creating cards for classes, I start with the cardstock color that I have the most of. Images, color and embellishments come as I go along... I have a lot of "woulda, coulda shoulda's". I NEVER trash anything. Even though it may not work for the current project, it will come in handy later, I'm sure. Pinterest, etc. is great for inspiration, too. When I see a card I like, I begin by telling myself I'm going to copy it. Well, as soon as I get going, my mind takes over and my final project looks nothing like the original, lol! 

Any the Nominees are....

I am nominating Robin Merriman at Trinity Designs and Dena Rekow at The Creativity Cave. I am honored and blessed to be a part of  the GoDiva's Amazing Swappers swap group with these talented ladies! They will be posting their Creative Crew Blog Hop creations on Monday, January 12th. In the meantime, check out their blogs for some fabulous inspiration! 

Thanks for Hoppin' By!
Happy Stampin'!
~Melissa

2 comments:

Nancy Jensen said...

I just found your blog today. I LOVE your projects especially this one! I look forward to following you and seeing what designs you come up with.

Nancy Jensen said...

p.s. - I liked it so much that I pinned it on pinterest. Hope you don't mind! :)