Saturday, September 21, 2013

Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection #4

Good Morning, Stampers!

Where have the last several weeks gone? TODAY is the LAST day of the Create with Connie and Mary Fall Collection - I can't believe we are at the end!

The projects and challenges have been amazing! I have LOVED all of the challenges the subscribers have participated in, too! You are all an inspiration to me! You can still be a part of the Collection and subscribe to get ALL of the projects from the very beginning! Just visit the Create with Connie and Mary website for all of the details...

I have one last card for today's Saturday Sketch Challenge.


I had the idea in my head to split the Swallowtail Butterfly into three sections, so I spread the image across the front of the card longways so it would fit...


I cut the card front into 3 separate sections. The Crushed Curry Designer Paper is cut to 1 1/2 x 3 3/4". The Whisper White cardstock is cut to 3" x 3 3/4" and the Soft Suede cardstock is cut to 1" x 3 3/4". 

Then, I set them all together onto my stamping surface. (Make sure they are nice and close.) I inked up the image in Early Espresso ink and stamped firmly onto all three pieces. 

Then, using a blender pen and Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Old Olive and Bermuda Bay inks, I colored the butterfly image on the Whisper White cardstock. 

Once completed, I used a 2-way glue pen and some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to sparkle it up! Then. all of the pieces were adhered to the card front.

I finished it off with the sentiment stamped in Cajun Craze onto Whisper White cardstock and added Bermuda Bay ribbon to frame off the image.

Check out Create with Connie and Mary for all of the designer's cards as well as the lovely submissions, too!

SU!pplies:
Stamps: Swallowtail, Banner Greetings
Ink: Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, Cajun Craze
Paper: Whisper White, Soft Suede
Accessories: Sweater Weather DSP, Bermuda Bay ribbon, Blender Pen, Dazzling Details, 2-way glue pen

Happy Stampin'!

No comments: