Friday, September 23, 2011

Fast & Fabulous Friday - Masking

Good Morning, Stampers!

I have a fun card to share with you today. It features the masking technique & looks like it is difficult, but actually, you can complete this in under 5 minutes!!

First of all, you will want to create your "mask". I simply cut a square out of a piece of 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" copy weight paper leaving a 1" border all the way around. You can easily do this with a paper trimmer. It can also be done by hand, too. Once you have your mask cut, place it on top of your card.


Now the fun begins! Choose your stamps - here, I began with the Netting background stamp (122655 $17.95) in Crumb Cake ink. I stamped the various images from the French Foliage stamp set (w120845 $19.95 - c121166 $14.95) using Old Olive, Tangerine Tango, Chocolate Chip, Ridinghood Red. Once complete, I removed the mask. On a separate piece of Whisper White cardstock, I stamped the large leaf in More Mustard and trimmed it out. I added a couple of dimensionals to the leaf to make it really stand out. Finally, I stamped the sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink from the Teeny Tiny Wishes stamp set (115370 $36.95).

Happy Stampin!

1 comment:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

fabulous card! love that you used the netting background, really fun!