Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pick-a-Pattern Saturday

Good Morning, Stampers!

I have heard so many times how difficult it can be to come up with card ideas. I have had that problem so many times I lost count! HaHa...

One of the things that helps me get going is a card map. A card map is a basic layout that varies in shapes, sizes, colors & even direction. It is a starting point for you to follow to get your "creative juices flowing"... The card map below is a basic layout from Stampin' Up!. It is a simple layout for a beginner. The thing I love most about using a card map is once I get going, things just "come to me". A lot of times my finished card looks nothing like the card map, either!! lol!

Here is the card map:


Here is my finished card. I tried to keep it as close to the map as possible to show you just how easy it can be. And, just because the map shows a certain shape or color, doesn't mean you have to stick to it!


Happy Stampin'!



No comments: