Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Good Morning, Stampers!

I have a fun little project to show you today. It uses a product that most of have in our kitchen - wax paper! Stampin' on wax paper - who knew? Actually, I saw the idea of stamping on wax paper on a scrapbook website & thought I would give it a try. I had so much fun making these for some special little Valentine's of mine!
To make this project, you will need to have 2 layers of the wax paper. First I traced a heart onto the wax paper. Since wax paper is not porous, you will need to use a permanent ink. I used the Jet Black Stazon Ink (101406 $7.95) to stamp the sentiment and some colorful permanent markers to color in the image. Then I started hand stitching (machine stitching will work, too!) around the inside of the traced line. When I got towards the end, I added my candy and then finished the stitching. After the stitching is complete, I cut the heart out on the traced lines & added a little Red Glimmer (121814 $3.95) punched heart for the flower. Enjoy!

Happy Stampin'!

1 comment:

A Work of Heart said...

Super cute!

Karla c(: