Monday, February 28, 2011

Faux Glitter Brads

Hello, Stampers!

I have had several requests on how I make my "faux" glitter brads. It was actually a bit of a "duh" moment for me - ha ha!! The cards I featured for my St. Patrick's Day card kit have several "faux" brads on each for lots of shimmer:

It is so simple to do!

1. Take a strip of glue dots & add your fine glitter to each one. I have found that the fine glitter works best. The chunky glitter needs a bit more stronger adhesive & loses it's round shape when used. Experiment with what you have on hand.

2. Next, take your finger and gently "smoosh" and rub the glitter into the glue dot. Tap off the excess. This is a lot harder than it sounds. Glitter is FULL OF STATIC!


3. Using the tip of your scissors or your favorite embellishment tool, carefully transfer the glue dot to your project. Thats it!

Happy glittering!!

No comments: